Friday, October 10, 2008

Making Halloween Ghosts

My friend Jaime showed me this great blog (thrifty decor chick), it has a lot of great crafts to do with the kids for pennies! So Kaylee and I decided to make cheesecloth ghosts. To make 4 ghosts we needed:
4 yards of cheesecloth, 2 sheets of black felt, balloons, 2 regular size bottles of glue, and led candle lights (optional).

You blow up balloons and can tape them to soup cans for additional height. Mix equal part glue to warm water. I dumped in 2 bottles of glue, and then filled the 2 bottles with warm water, and dumped that in the bowl. For 4 yards I used every last drop of the glue, so if you are going to make more, you will want to increase it!
Then you stir the cheesecloth in the glue mixture, lay out straight, then drap over the balloons, and let dry over night. (each piece of cheesecloth is about 1 yard)
Then in the morning you pop the balloon and peel off, then you cut the faces out of felt and glue on.. You can put the lights underneath to light up the ghost at night! I am also going to make some smaller ones to hang outside!

Thank you Jaime for the tip on this website.

2 comments:

Jaime and Brent said...

Your ghosts turned out great. They are on my "To Do List" for this week. You have been a busy bee:)

Lindsay said...

Super cute ideas Jennifer! I can't wait til my Connor is old enough to make little crafts like that:)