Well life is TOTALLY different with a boy then with a girl. I never realized how lucky I had it with Kaylee. Something new Connor is doing is opening doors on his own. Which many of you may not think is that bad. RIGHT... Well you know how much my son loves to eat. Now he thinks he can just help himself to anything in the pantry. Yesterday when I came down stairs, he had 3 boxes of cereal pulled out and was eating them. My biggest fight with him in the day is to not get in the pantry. So I started putting a chair in front of the door. He will just move the chair. Then I put my foot in front of the door, he will sit on the floor crying and with all of his might try to move my foot. Once he figures out it is not moving, he goes into breakdown mode. So this weekend, Jerry gets to put a lock on our pantry door. Who has to do that for a 1 1/2 year old?
So tonight when Jerry got home. I heard the door to the garage open, then shut, I figured Jerry was taking out the trash, no-it was just Connor going in and out. So point of the story, is I have to child proof my house better! Boys...
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
Funny...I had to install a lock (door pin)on our pantry door as well. It worked well, until they rammed the door so hard that it ripped the screws right out of the wood. I have since bolted the lock through the door. I'm finding that it's pretty much impossible to "child proof" a home or anything in it. I am coming to the conclusion that you just have to wait til they're older and then replace everything.
B:
Brent is so right. My boys will get into anything. They can make a mess out nothingness. Boys!
Post a Comment